Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ive got an 07 3500 megacab with 5.9 cummins. while

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, ive got...

Hi Pearl, ive got an 07 3500 megacab with 5.9 cummins. while disconnecting my snowplow the engine quit and all the dash indicator lights started flashing. by the time I got the hood open I could smell burning wiring. upon further checking found the fusible link from the passenger side battery to the solenoid attached to the battery tray burnt.changed the fusible link but all ive got is clicking coming from the solenoid and dash lights all .flashing .could the solenoid be burnt too and is it a special type of solenoid?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes checked all fuses and they are ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes unfortunately the nearest dodge dealer is about a 100 miles away so I'm kind of in the dark on this. got a buddy to help manually disconnect the plow and wiring harness . I changed the solenoid with one I bought at a local garage which was somewhat different from the doge one and just got clicking from that one also

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Any advice would be much appreciated because I'm not sure what to try next. I'm guessing the plow connector shorted out when I dropped the plow because there was ice in it?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/3/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Are both batteries showing good voltage in the range of 12.6 volts?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris