Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2011 dodge nitro. i had to replace the battery. the radio is…

Customer Question
2011 dodge nitro. i...

2011 dodge nitro. i had to replace the battery. the radio is now asking for the anti-theft code. does the radio have to be removed to get the s/n ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?

Yes the battery was replaced. i can't find anything for radio s/n in the owners manual. i'll go look in the glove box.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i'm fixing it myself. i just replaced the battery this morning.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I called the dealership where i bought this new. they connected me with the service dept. they said they have never seen this problem before. idk.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/2/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 6 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

Each radio has a unique serial number and it is on a white decal on the outside of the radio case, so in order to retrieve the serial #, yes, the radio will need to be removed.

I hope that helps to answer your question, let me know if you need anything further. Thanks.