Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The security light keeps blinking all lights will turn on…

Customer Question
The security light keeps...

The security light keeps blinking all lights will turn on but turn key over and nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

It blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2012 dodge ram 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have had the battery tested we have locked the truck and unlocked the truck with the key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We are trying to fix it ourself bc we can't afford to take it in

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 6 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

When you say the security light is on, are you referring to the red dot on the dash?

Do you have any aftermarket alarm systems or remote start systems installed in your truck?

Are you using your original key fobs or are these replacement ones?