Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Got a 2010 Dodge Journey with the daul heater and I got the…

Customer Question
Got a 2010 Dodge Journey...
Got a 2010 Dodge Journey with the daul heater and I got the heater door to work and is moving back and forth but I still have no heat on the passenger side.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/2/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 6 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to Just answer my name is Mark.

If you have the dual zone temperature system then there are 2 separate actuators and 2 separate doors that they operate. One is on the drivers side of the heater box and the other is on the passenger side of the box.

If you have no heat on the passenger side, then you need to access the actuator on the passenger side and to do this you'll need to remove the glove box. I know you have stated that you checked the door but I'm not sure which one you are looking at so let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.

I checked the one on the passenger side for the passenger side

Ok, thanks for the reply.

So are you saying that the blend door moves when you change the temp from hot to cold?

Have you checked to see if the door is broken?

Have you replaced the actuator?

If you can fill in some gaps then I'll be better informed to assist you, thanks.

If the actuator moves when changing the temp it should be good then right?
what’s the best way to check out the door?

The actuators just have a set of plastic gears inside them, so although it moves, it doesn't always mean that it is moving through its full range.

All the actuators are identical, so what you could do is swap that passenger one with the driver one and see if that helps. While the actuator is off, you can also move the door by hand and see if it hits its stops. If you rotate one way it should make a thud as it hits its stop and then when you rotate it the other way it should thud again. If it does this, then the door is good and likely just an actuator issue.

Hope that helps.

Well the door is broke so what’s the best way to get the door out and how many hours book time does it call for?

Ouch! Well at least you know what the issue is now.

Book time just to remove the dash and then the heater box is 8.5 hours, so your looking at that time, plus a bit more to take the box apart and replace the door.