Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Won't start in cold weather...just replaced the battery and…

Customer Question
Won't start in cold...

Won't start in cold weather...just replaced the battery and put an oil pan heater on but I think the cold weather froze the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

2500 miles or so

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 2500?

1500 slt 2003 model

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dodge 1500 SLT not a doge 2500

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
1/1/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

How cold is it there and does the starter click or engage at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
13 degrees motor tries to start

I would take a fuel sample to see if there is any water in it, also make sure in failure condition it getting good fuel pressure and spark

hows it going?

Jerry, Master Mechanic