Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It won't start the program went out on the key fob and I am…

Customer Question
It won't start the...

It won't start the program went out on the key fob and I am having trouble resetting it.....I changed the batteries in the fob it started and ran for a day now it won't start - we also put a new battery in the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you changed a battery before?

Which battery - key fob? Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2012 Dodge Charger hemi - can't get it out of gear either so it can be towed if necessary

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Did the entire routine with the key fob on the start button - worked the other day but not working now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/1/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this a push button start and are you seeing issues with the vehicle not seeing the key to allow starting?

Have you tried more then one key at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete.