Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to change a knock sensor - can you help? 2006 Dodge…

Customer Question
Trying to change a...

Trying to change a knock sensor - can you help? 2006 Dodge Durango

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Yes. It was the knock sensor under the manifold at the rear of the block

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have gotten all the way through removing the bolts holding the fuel rail, and intake. There is a tube at the rear of the throttle body that is giving us a problem in pulling it off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Help if I could get step by step directions.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/1/2018
Dodge Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 7 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

what engine???

I am assuming it is the 4.7 as the 5.7 has them external.

below is the procedure and attached is a picture

Roy

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

MANIFOLD - INTAKE

REMOVAL
1. Disconnect negative cable from battery.
2. Remove the wiper module.
3. Remove resonator assembly and air inlet hose.
4. Disconnect throttle and speed control cables.
5. Disconnect electrical connectors for the following components:
- Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor
- Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor
- Throttle Position (TPS) Sensor Coolant Temperature (CTS) Sensor Idle Air Control (IAC) Motor
6. Disconnect brake booster hose and positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) hose.
7. Disconnect generator electrical connections.
8. Disconnect air conditioning compressor electrical connections.
9. Disconnect left and right radio suppressor straps.
10. Disconnect and remove ignition coil towers.
11. Remove top oil dipstick tube retaining bolt and ground strap.
12. Bleed fuel system.
13. Remove fuel rail.
14. Remove throttle body assembly and mounting bracket.
15. Drain cooling system below coolant temperature level.
16. Remove the heater hoses from the engine front cover and the heater core.
17. Unclip and remove heater hoses and tubes from intake manifold.
18. Remove coolant temperature sensor.

do you need any other help???

Roy

Roy

any update