Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Can i electrically unplug an injector to see if itsnthe

Customer Question
Can i electrically unplug...

Can i electrically unplug an injector to see if itsnthe faulty one

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

2003 dodge diesel

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/31/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 6 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello and welcome to just answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
you can disconnect an individual injector to see if it is the problem injector. You will not cause any damage. I have done this many times before.Chris
just unscrew the two wires, start and listen for any change.
the mis seems to be most evident at idle
that is correct. Just try to make sure that the disconnected wires don't short together.Chris
this seems a lot easier than disconnecting the fuel line at the rail, and then capping the rail with a plug? thats what i have the most.
will taking off the wires throw any codes?
It will set a code, but just clear it after you are done testing.
Chris
thanks
You are very welcome! Glad I was able to help you out. Now maybe you can help me out by taking a moment to rate my service or accepting my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!Chris

I hope this information/answer was helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Hello, just wondering if you still need help. I replied back to you several days ago and have not heard back at all. Please let me know. If you no longer need any more help, then that is fine, but please let me know so I can close this session.

Thank you!

Chris