Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My ram challenger is over charging I just change the

Customer Question
My ram challenger...

My ram challenger is over charging I just change the alternator but still over charging I need help

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Challenger?

91

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Challenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Bought new alternator change it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its at 17 volt at regular running but when I hit the gas it gets to 19 volt

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Nope and it start very easy

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/31/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a vin number for this so I can get the correct diagram