Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It wont start the battery is ghood there is a clicking noise…

Customer Question
It wont start the...

It wont start the battery is ghood there is a clicking noise down by the shifter

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Just started today on the right down by the shifter a little white lever

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

07 caliber

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caliber yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just turn the key on of on of on no codes popped up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Checked fuses 7/8 installed new battery it was shot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/30/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Is the starter clicking at all?

no
little white lever down by the shifter is clicking battery is new and no codes show up

is there a security light on after the key is on and lights go out?

a red flashing light my son also lost the main key and this is the back up he said it was working fine before but the battery was shot and I replaced it is there a way around this

with that key gone and you introducing the new one with the light on, it will need to be towed to the dealer for a key reprogram, this would be a good time to get a few extra made so it dosent happen again

hows it coming?