Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We own a 2014 3500 Dodge Ram and it has gone into limp mode.

Customer Question
We own a 2014...

We own a 2014 3500 Dodge Ram and it has gone into limp mode. We think the DEF is too thick and the filter is plugged

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

We just got it back out of the autobody shop for body work it has 300 thousand on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing i

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I called a dealership parts department and asked if they ahad a def filter for the make and model and they told me they don't come with a def filter

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/30/2017
Dodge Mechanic: HDGENE, ASE Master Tech replied 6 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, ASE Master Tech

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, are there any warning lights on since it is in limp mode? Have you had a diagnostic check for codes done using a scan tool? How many miles are on this truck? Is it a 6.7 High output diesel on non H.O.?