Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cold weather came and the water in fuel light came on. I put…

Customer Question
Cold weather came and...

Cold weather came and the water in fuel light came on. I put addative in and ran it for 3 days. Then I started it and it quit while warming up. I replaced the fuel filter but it wont start. I assume it has air in the line. I have never bled the lines before and don't know how.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2002 turbo diesel 2500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changing fuel filter it did have ice in it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/30/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

You will need to follow the direction here to bleed air out of fuel system. I also included picture for you of fuel line location. Let me know if you have additional questions or need further assistance select phone call so i can guide you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4w7fqoflhkdkgyx/2002%20dodge%20diesel%20fuel%20bleeding.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyyyhs8gui1bipw/2002%20dodge%20diesel%20bleed%20air%20from%20fuel%20picture.pdf?dl=0

If no other questions then please enter a 5 star rating for my assistance today. Thanks.