Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

My heater is blowing cold in my 2013 ram 1500. Coolant level…

Customer Question
My heater is blowing...

My heater is blowing cold in my 2013 ram 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Coolant level is fine. No leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it myself. I have tried the havoc reset process that is explained in this thread but the recirculate light never flashes nor does the control head reset

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have also checked the heater hoses to make sure they are hot which both inlet and return lines are hot.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
12/30/2017
Dodge Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, this is most likely due to a faulty blend door actuator. On the single zone climate controls it's easy to change, on dual zone entire dashboard has to be pulled. Since you did not mention passenger or driver side I'm assuming it's single. I'll post the replacement info below, let me know if I can help further.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The blend door is functioning properly. I rotated the knob all the way from hot to cold and the back then to the middle. The actuator traveled from stop to stop and rested half way between the stops
Dodge Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

you may have watched the actuator move from stop to stop but that does not mean the door moved

what engine is in that?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have narrowed down my problem. The first guy said it was the actuator which I eliminated due to watching it travel. I believe my problem lies with the door itself. I have the single zone non-climate control system. My passenger side blows nice and toasty but my driver side blows luke warm. The blend door has 2 flaps, 1 for the driver side and 1 for the passenger side. I believe the one for the driver side is broken.

That's what I was getting at also. its a common issue on this unfortunately

Dodge Mechanic: Cary York,
 replied 1 month ago
Cary York
Phone call session started

do you need the procedure to remove the HVAC box?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I can handle that

ok, very good.

hows it going?

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic