Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. It just got a P0750 code and…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500. It just got a P0750 code and will not go into Drive. Instead it goes into Tow/Haul gear. What is causing this and is it safe to drive until I can get it looked at

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

The code is P0750 shift solenoid malfunction.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happened so I have not done anything

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/29/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

With that code you should be able to drive for a short time but I would check the fluid condition and level? how often do you service the transmission?

It's never been serviced

well thats an issue, all transmissions need to be serviced at 30-60k intervals depending on driving condition to maintain a good trans. have you checked the level yet?

hows it coming?