Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a viper automatic starter. The remote will lock and…

Customer Question
I have a viper...

I have a viper automatic starter. The remote will lock and unlock the doors but will not start the vehicle. Do you know what to do. It was working but one day just stopped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Viper?

I think it is from 2014. It is model 4105v

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Viper yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I tried turning the ignition on and off 5 times and then hitting the unlock button to see if that would reprogram it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have not tried anything with the valet button as I cannot find it under the dash.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 day by:
12/31/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

OK was this installed with the car or have you just installed it?

Hi...This was installed 3 years ago by an authorized viper remote start dealer who has since closed. The remote had been working just fine the past 2 months and then just stopped in the past week or so. The remote will lock and unlock the car but will not auto start. I have tried what the internet said to take the vehicle out of valet mode by turning the ignition on and off 5 times and then hitting the unlock button on the FOB. That did not work. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you!

ok there should be a valet button somewhere installed in the car do you know where that is?

hows it coming?