Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002 dodge ram 1500 5.9l gas, every cold weather(teens). all…

Customer Question
2002 dodge ram 1500...

2002 dodge ram 1500 5.9l gas, every cold weather(teens). all of a sudden it will not idle, have to stay over 1000rpm to keep running or it will die. Suggestion

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

No more than the norm battery was low so I charged it. Now starts ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Depends how deep repair my be, have only charged battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/29/2017
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 3 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Seeing that this only happens when t you said, this would mean that the fuel you are using is not very good. You may need to add some fuel deicer to the fuel tank and possibly clean the throttle body as well.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor