Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lost both sets of 2012 Fiat 500C ignition keys, AAA towed…

Customer Question
Lost both sets of...

Lost both sets of 2012 Fiat 500C ignition keys, AAA towed vehicle to local Dodge dealer, Keys were ordered and computerized by same dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

Dealer now tell me that the keys does not work because the "MODULE" is broken.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 500e yourself? What have you tried so far?

Asked me if AAA used a "SLIM JIM" to get into the Vehicle. No slim Jim was

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Used. Vehicle was moved via flat bed truck to Dodge dealership. WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO THE MODULE TO CAUSED THE NEW KEYS TO NOT WORK OR WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO THE MODULE. MILEAGE ON 2012 FIAT IS 63639.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/29/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

can you please clarify what module they are referring to?

Power Module I suppose. Have no backup key. Blank keys (FOB) were ordered thru same Dodge dealer and when blank key(s) were computerized, they did not work, at this point, I was told that the "MODULE" was broken, possibly by the use of a "slim
jim" when AAA opened the vehicle. No slim jim was used on the vehicle when AAA opened the vehicle.

Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you

if the module is in fact faulty, it would be purely coincidental to losing the keys - which is suspect. There is nothing that should have happened to cause this.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a five star rating as a rating is how I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.