Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2012 Ram Cummins 3500. I just had the transmission…

Customer Question
I have a 2012...

I have a 2012 Ram Cummins 3500. I just had the transmission replaced due to an accident, I just changed the oil, air filter and fuel filter, and the alternator looks like it needs to be replaced. The lights dim and get brighter with the throttle. So i was on my way to work the other day and i went to accelerate and it started jumping around. it felt like the transmission. I pulled over and it died. I was able to get it going enough to park it but it would die if I tried to get going. I came back after my shift and it started going and it did the same thing when I got to my house. So it was the same

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

Distance

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's a 3500, I haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It did something similar when I first got it out of the shop back in october it just wasn't as bad.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
12/29/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Any warning lights on or codes stored?

What is the battery voltage while idling in park?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got a check engine light on when it happened.

Do you have a scan tool to see which codes are stored??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would have to check the amps tomorrow morning.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have a scan tool

Do you know someone with a scan tool that you can borrow? As of right now, I do not have enough info to give a good enough answer.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
A co-worker was saying that they can do it at NAPA.

Most auto parts can scan and do so for free.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll see if I can get it up there and get it scanned.

That will be helpful.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Jerry, Master Mechanic