Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I need anti-theft code for my stereo. I changed battery. And…

Customer Question
Hi, I need anti-theft...

Hi, I need anti-theft code for my stereo. I changed battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

And now I got stereo locked

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/29/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Yes this happens when power is disrupted to the radio as part of the anti-theft part. But unfortunately we are no longer given this info to hand out as it is a security issue but I can tell you what the procedure is so you can get it. You will need to take all this info directly to your closest dealer as this is usually a fee service. vehicle's make, model, production date and serial number. All this info is usually on the inside driver's door opening. Then you will also need the radio unit's serial number [ You will have to remove it because it will be on a sticker on the chassis of the unit] Usually people keep the code in the owner's manual for this type of situation so once you get the code keep it in a safe place. The only other thing I can do for you is send you a link to a sight that may help you but they do charge a small fee . So don't shoot the messenger and hope you understand we don't make the rules.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.