Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 Sprinter 2500 3.0 diesel. Oil light flashing at high…

Customer Question
2007 Sprinter 2500 3.0...

2007 Sprinter 2500 3.0 diesel. Oil light flashing at high speeds above 55mph. It goes off at 30-35mph. Oil level is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The light that looks like oil can...it just blinks never steady on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. Just checked the oil level.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/29/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

this can happen if the wrong oil is used or there is sludge in the engine, the oil can take too long to drain back down into the pan causing a loss of oil pressure.

this or the oil pump is failing, I would have the oil changed with the correct mobil1 esp oil and a mercedes filter and see if that takes care of the problem

hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician