Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2010 Dodge Journey r/t dual zone climate. Blowing cool on…

Customer Question
2010 Dodge Journey r/t...

2010 Dodge Journey r/t dual zone climate. Blowing cool on the passenger side with heat on. Blend door actuator moves but doesn’t change temp.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

There was a hose leaking and that was replaced a couple months ago and coolant level is full. Only blows cold on passenger side and hot driver side and for the rear.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am, I changed the blend door actuator for that wasn’t moving. But realized that was the actuator for changing vent locations. Otherwise the actuator for temp change for passenger side moves.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/28/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 7 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. You may have a partially plugged heater core or some air in the system. I have seen low coolant cause this also but you say the level is good. Maybe try bleeding the system. It may also be a broken passenger blend door. Even though the actuator moves, if the door is broken then the temp will not change.

I also found a service bulletin I would like you tod read. It talks about the sun sensor on the dash possibly causing this. It is in the link below. It will open up in a PDF file when you click on it.

Chris

I have noticed that the temp doesn’t change after 71 on the digital meter and the blend door is fully extended. Could the actuator have jumped a cog or 2 and think that it’s fully open at 71 and that’s the max temp?

Sure that is very possible. To check that, remove the actuator and move the door manually by hand. If the temp gets warmer, then that may be the case.

Chris

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply from earlier today.

Chris

Yup I received it, was trying get the lower actuator off but fighting below zero cold so I quit for the night.

Gotcha, well let me know how it goes when you get back to it. I will keep an eye out for your reply. Have a good evening!

Chris

Thanks, ***** *****

Ok