Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2010 Dodge Charge ETC Light came on after driving 10 mins,

Customer Question
2010 Dodge Charge...

2010 Dodge Charge ETC Light came on after driving 10 mins, once parked turned car off and on the ETC light went out; later that evening it did the same thing, got home light went out; this morning did the same thing (repeated everything) and it went out. Have noticed that instead of heat blowing out, it cool air. Car won't warm up. Replaced the coolant fan twice this summer. Car accelerates and drives fine; the ETC light just start coming on and riding around in a semi cold car.

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

One time last year the passenger tire was on flat when we woke up the next morning. Other than that tires may be low from time to time

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

?Mini

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is the only problem ETC light comes on and goes off after driving and car won't get warm (heater)

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/27/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 6 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi how can I help you with this? what question did you have specifically?

What could be the issue with the ETC light coming on and car not heating up, temp gage stays at cold.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

if the car isn't heating up, most likely the thermostat is stuck open

the etc light may or may not be related - this light simply means there is an issue with electronic throttle control system which could be any of many many things. The only way to verify what underlying issue if triggering the light is to have the fault logs scanned from the vehicle.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.