Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Wife ran out of gas in it and now it will not excellart pass…

Customer Question
Wife ran out of...

Wife ran out of gas in it and now it will not excellart pass 10mph

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Same as always I changed the fuel pump but that didn't help

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

06 charger R/T

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes tried replacing fuel pump and the relay under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
12/27/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 1 month ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

When the engine is running is the check engine light on? If it is have you had the system tested for codes and had fuel pressure tested?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is on but I haven't had it checked for codes yet

What engine size do you have?

You can have most any local parts store scan for the codes for free for you. Make sure to write down all codes they get.

Once scanned give me the codes and then we can determine the cause of loss of power.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok will do that and let you know

Still need to know the engine size? I need to check to see if there are recalls or tech bulletins for the issue?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hemi 5.7

Ok. I will check on this and once you get the failure codes and also have them give you the codes and see if they can clear them for you also. Make sure to write down all the codes they get.

I will be off line from 12 pm ET to about 2 pm ET and will answer your questions as soon as I am back online again.

Did you have the system scanned for codes yet?

If you have no other questions then please enter a 5 star rating so I can get credit for assisting you today. Thanks.

Jaybird61
Jaybird61