Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2006 Dodge ram megacab 3500. Alarm system is activated and…

Customer Question
2006 Dodge ram megacab...

2006 Dodge ram megacab 3500. Alarm system is activated and cannot shut it off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Yes three different keys

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, The key fobs will not lock, unlock nor will they shut the alarm off. The interior door lock on the drivers door will lock the doors but will not unlock them. On;y thing different is that I had remote start added 3 weeks ago but up until now I had no problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is it.....

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/26/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** would be happy to assist you with this.

I am going to post a link to an article that will describe how to reset the alarm system, try this first. If that does not work then we will have to dig alittle bit deeper, it is possibly a result of something that was done when they installed the remote start

ok i will try that when i get home this evening

Okay great. Let me know the results, I will be here later for any further assistance

Hello, did you have any luck with this?