Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Have a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500. drove truck earlier this morning…

Customer Question
Have a 2013 Dodge...

Have a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500. drove truck earlier this morning and ran fine. Just tried to start it and nothing. Lights come on, dash lights up, but when turning the key the engine will not start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Resetting the battery, turning the key back and forth several times and nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pretty much it for now

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/26/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. What is the engine size of the vehicle? Also, just for good measure, is this 2WD or 4WD?

5.7L and it is 2wd
It ran fine this morning and now I get nothing but lights

Thank you. Just a moment, please. In the mean time, have you noticed if the anti-theft light is on in this vehicle?

It is not on

Thank you. It sounds like your issue is either going to be the starter relay, the fuse, of the starter it self. Just a moment, please, while I located fuse location information and testing for this issue.

Where is it located in the fuse panel?

Here, I am attaching the location of the starter relays and the 40 amp starter solenoid fuse. Check these component to see if they are good, the relays can be switch with relays of the same part number to test.

Here, I am attaching testing information for the starting circuits. This information will help you pinpoint the issue. Also, if the fuse and relays are sound, then you will more than likely end up replacing the starter.

Here, I am attaching the replacement information for starter just in case.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thanks again.

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician