Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 and the keyfob does not work…

Customer Question
I have a 2014 Dodge...
I have a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 and the keyfob does not work and the truck has no power and will not crank. The horn is blowing and the lights are flashing in panic mode. Nothing comes on on the dash !
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/26/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good evening, I hope you are doing great despite current troubles.

It sounds like we either have a dead/dying battery, or there is an issue with the remote theft system. Do you have access to a battery jumpbox or charger?

The battery is fully charged and the only reason the remote theft system is going off is because the keyfob would not unlock the doors and I used the door key to open and the alarm started going off. You can put the keyfob in the ignition and it will not crank the truck no lights come on on the dash or the radio. But you can manually turn the head lights on.

Okay gotcha. These sound like common symptoms of a key fob battery that has died. I would recommend testing the fob battery, it should have 3V, anything less than that and it will need to be replaced. If the battery is good and there is still no response then there is a signal interruption between the fob and the receiver module

I replaced the battery and still no luck

Alright, do you have access to a scan tool?

I do not

Okay that is going to be one of the next steps. We need to see if the truck has any trouble codes. Have you double checked any of the ignition fuses?

Dodge Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello, any luck with this?

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician