Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My right side headlight is burned out. I need to change the…

Customer Question
My right side headlight...

My right side headlight is burned out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

I need to change the bulb

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2004 Dodge 2500 diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to get at the bulb but I don't know how to find it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/25/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

I need to get at the headlight bulb to change it. I don't know how

These are a little tricky to get to, the whole headlamp assembly has to come out, you can get to the bolts on the bottom, put some paper in the socket and jam it onto the bolt, or a magnetic socket is best, Check this video out, it's a pretty good one and shows you how to get at the bolts on the bottom. I believe they are 8mm or 10mm, I get to them with a swivel 1/4 inch socket, but you can use a straight socket.

You can get to them without pulling the headlamp assembly, at least I couldn't.

Video says you can get to it from the back, but I know I pulled the drivers side out, maybe passenger side has a little bit more room, if you can't get to from the back though, the whole headlamp assembly will have to come out. it's not that bad, took me about 15 minutes to get it out I think. Does that help answer your question? thank you.

that helped answer my question. thank you!

Absolutely, If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. Thank you and best wishes!

Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.