Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

A/c heater blower works only sometimes, & is noisy when it…

Customer Question
A/c heater blower works...

A/c heater blower works only sometimes, & is noisy when it does. 2010 dodge journey V6 front wheel drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

No I have not

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

No am unable to repair on my own

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Want to what a fair price is for repair?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/24/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician

Hello, I am Randall . I am working on your question now, You may get a popup about a phone call, It is up to you but bear in mind I can not send diagrams etc over the phone. You are welcome to use the call feature but not required. Thanks

Ok, for blower to come and go at any speed? this is 99.9% a failing blower motor, Noise is another clue, I say you need a blower motor. It is NOT as bad as it may seem. Book time in a shop is only .6 hours to change. A new dealer blower is no more that $149 but aftermarket are much cheaper and a shop will likely do an aftermarket blower,. I say they are around $50 in my area and labor in our shop around $48. Now if you are handy? you can change yourself. One cover under passenger dash and unbolt and remove the blower, Your call. I have attached a file showing how to change the blower. Below is the file link

Please Rate my service I have provided today using the stars at top of your screen. Rating at this time allows us to continue with any followups you may have in THIS chat post for free. I am here to help in any way I can . Thanks for a positive rating. Thanks,Randall

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician