Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sometimes it will not start. we believe it is the fuel pump.

Customer Question
Sometimes it will not...

Sometimes it will not start. we believe it is the fuel pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

It is the original it is the original

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2009 dodge ram 1500 4.7 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yess we have replaced the cam positioning sensor and the crankshaft sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it starts sometimes and others won't start acts like it is not getting fuel. we bought a code reader. It threw out no codes till today. it threw p0562. however the battery was dead and we jumped it off. Now the check engine light is on where it had not been on before today

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/24/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!