Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Sometimes the gauges on my dashboard of my 98 dodge caravan…

Customer Question
Sometimes the gauges on...

Sometimes the gauges on my dashboard of my 98 dodge caravan shut down. I'm not able to monitor speed, temperature and gasoline levels. what is causing this issue? I have already replaced the computer and the dashboard gauges and still the issue continues.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?

Over 100 thousand, the engine has been rebuild. and yes the coolant level is fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have changed the computer and the dash board gauges and still the gauges shut down and they stay off for a few days and then they turn back on when the van is in motion.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. that is all.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/24/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 6 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

The most common issue we were seeing in the dealership with these particular vans was a failure of the printed circuit board on the back of the instrument cluster. replacing this circuit board corrected 95% of the problems that we saw.

I hope that helps. If you need anything further just let me know.

Thanks.