Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just replaced blower motor resister now fan. Just replaced…

Customer Question
Just replaced blower motor...

Just replaced blower motor resister now fan

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Just replaced blower motor resister now it won't shut off at the controls?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2011 dodge nitro 3.7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I replaced the blower resister because it was not blowing at all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's al thanks

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/24/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Where did this new blower resistor come from? because I think you may have installed a defective one, the only thing that supplies ground to the motor is the resistor. Does the blower fan run all the time even if the key is out of the car?

No it turns off with key
There's no adjustment to lower the speed at all

OK, The only thing responsible for blower speed, is the resistor, Did you get this resistor used? or from a discount auto store like Auto Zone or Advance? I really believe it's the problem. I would certainly try another one, and if it didn't fix it, then the switch is bad in the control head. Look at the wiring diagram, the blower motor gets full battery power and then the ground side is switch to give you difference speeds via the resistor and the fan switch.

I'll try another thanks and happy holidays

Absolutely, thank you and best wishes!

I believe it's one or the other, and I am leaning 90% towards the resistor.

If your all set please don't forget to rate the question. If you need to ask us anything else just let us know. Thank you.

any luck with it? thanks.