Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

The wind shut my trunk and when I try to open it with the…

Customer Question
The wind shut my...

The wind shut my trunk and when I try to open it with the key it will not

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

It is stuck on the latch you can hear it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

How would I take the back seat out a 1997 Plymouth neon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Neon yourself? What have you tried so far?

I’ve been trying to get the back seat out but I can’t figure out how

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ma’am

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
12/23/2017
Dodge Mechanic: bill, dodge master tech replied 1 month ago
bill
bill, dodge master tech

removing the rear seat is pretty simple

start with pullin the seat bottom as below, it MAY take some effort if the rear bottom hasn't been removed ever a prybar may be of help but it just clips in

REAR SEAT CUSHION

REMOVAL

1. Pull upward at each end of the rear seat cushion to disengage retainer loops from cups in floor.
  2. Separate rear seat cushion from vehicle

INSTALLATION

1. Place rear seat cushion in position under bottom of seat back.
  2. Position inboard seat belts on top of seat cushion.
  3. Guide seat cushion loops into retainer cups in floor pan.
  4. Push downward on the front corners of the seat cushion to engage retainers.

then remove the seat back as below the fasteners can be TORX (star type) or traditional hex (18 or 19mm as i remember BUT they ARE metric

REAR SEAT BACK

REMOVAL

1. Remove rear seat cushion.
  2. Remove bolts holding rear seat back and seat belts to floor.
  3. Push rear seat back upward to disengage hooks at top of seat back
  4. Separate rear seat from vehicle.

INSTALLATION

1. Move rear seat back into position in vehicle.
  2. Push seat back downward to engage hooks at top of seat back.
  3. Install bolts holding rear seat back and seat belts to floor

NOTE: The torque specification for the inner seat belt/rear seat back retaining bolts is 57 N·M (42 ft. lbs.)

4. Install rear seat cushion.

this site is on the honor system once you are satisfied with the service you rate it, you have already paid to use the site all a rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and that comes out of the fee you paid to use the service

each expert is an independent "contractor" and is only paid for their time when you rate the service 3 stars or higher

any positive ratings allow me to assist you with this question in the future if you need, if you have further questions please ASK, I am here to help as well as I can

bill
bill
bill, dodge master tech