Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just bought a radio for my 2013 dodge ram 1500. I don't have…

Customer Question
Hi brad just bought a...
Hi brad just bought a radio for my 2013 dodge ram 1500. I don't have the old vehicle's vin # and I need an anti theft number for it to work
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/23/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 6 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is Robert,

I'm sorry to say that we are no longer allowed to provide radio unlock codes online. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you will need to go to your local dealership to provide proof of ownership of the radio. There should not be a charge for the unlock code once you provide the ownership information needed to verify nothing is stolen.. You will provide the dealership with the VIN that the radio is going into to obtain the correct radio code.

The best thing is to go down to your local dealer, visit the parts department. Take proof of ownership of the vehicle and give this along with the Radio Serial Number and VIN number and have the parts counter person have the parts manager obtain the code for you. If you retrieve the code via the parts department, there should be no charges to obtain the radio anti-theft code..

Sorry about the bad news but just wanted to let you know the above info so that you are not sitting here waiting for the radio code that no one here can supply...

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer

Robert