Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2013 Dodge dart multi air turbo. I just replaced…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Dodge dart multi air turbo. I just replaced the spark plugs, ignition coils and wiring at 56,000 miles. I was getting a check engine light on for P0300 and P0299(turbo underboost). The P300 went away and now the P0299 Is still coming up. I had a guy from autozone look up the code. We opened the Air filter to see if maybe that could be a quick fix but noticed oil in the filter housing line. Do you know where the oil could be coming from?

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

It's steady

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dart yourself? What have you tried so far?

On

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When we tried to change out the spark plugs and the ignition coils ourselves.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
There is oil in the air filter housing. Do you know where the leak could be coming from that I could trouble shoot? When we replaced the ignition coils and spark plug our selves the car ran nice for 30 mins and then I lost power after I punched it. (it reved to about 6 and then lost all power). My uncle took out the ignition coils and spark plugs and looked at them. 1 spark plug was a little bit fouled with oil. I then took it to the dealership and the replaced the ignition coils and spark plugs and the wiring harness. It was about a couple days when The turbo underboost check engine light came on again and now I the notice of the oil in the air filter housing. The car is really struggling to get up and go. little power and it finally eases into acceleration.
12/23/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 6 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

You stated that you noticed oil in the air filter housing. Have you pulled the oil dipstick to check the oil level? Let me know how low the oil is and we can go from there...

Thank you,

Robert