Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Looking to see what I did wrong when I removed the front…

Customer Question
Looking to see what...

Looking to see what I did wrong when I removed the front bumper of my 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. The plastic pieces broke off, and the long plastic piece broke when I went to re-install the bumper. So now I have to replace both plastic pieces that attach to the top of the bumper. And what'w with having to remove the front bumper to replace bulbs in the headlights???

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge Grand Caravan. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No. Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/22/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 4 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I'm not certain what procedure you used to remove the front fascia but I'm posting the factory procedure for you.

Removal procedure --->> Click Here to view <<---

As for headlamp bulb removal, the factory procedure does not include removal of the front fascia. Did you try to access from under hood first?

Bulb Replacement --->> Click Here to view <<---

I'll need to verify this tomorrow when I am at my "Day Job". It is not uncommon for the factory procedure to be incorrect. I'll look at a 2017 Caravan tomorrow and let you know if it is possible to replace the bulbs without removing the front fascia...

Strange that you already had to replace the bulbs on your vehicle. How many miles are on your 2017 Caravan? Bulbs should have been covered under your factory warranty if it has less that 12,000 miles on it...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

Here is the install procedure for the front fascia --->> Click Here to view <<---

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and effort. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you have paid to use the service. Leaving no rating results in the WEBSITE retaining the payment and the Expert that helped you out receives no credit. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

I upgraded the feeble factory bulbs. I put specially designed xenons that are made for a halogen reflector in the low beam section; and an LED bulb in the high beam. Has worked very well.
I have a 2011 VW Routan (basically a Chrysler product). Removing the bumper is a piece of cake. But the Dodge is harder; and the two plastic 'nuts' have two small tabs on their sides that need to be compressed to begin the removal process. Pulling down on the bumper ends up ripping the tabs off.And re-installing the bumper is difficult as the long thin tab needs to be pulled through the hole from the inside. I did ok on the one side; the other side broke. So now, I have to replace the entire plastic tab on both sides of the bumper. So I'm wondering if there's a trick to doing this removal and re-install where the tabs don't get broken.

You stated: "So I'm wondering if there's a trick to doing this removal and re-install where the tabs don't get broken."

I'm not certain what you are referring to. Is it possible for you to take some pictures of the broken pieces and post here? If I know what you are referring to I should be able to help...

Click Here for Document Upload Instructions

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master