Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

4x4 and ABS/traction control quit working, warning lights…

Customer Question
4x4 and ABS/traction control...

4x4 and ABS/traction control quit working, warning lights came on. Dealer is useless, any ideas? The rear sensor was replaced 300 plus $, then they tried to tell me it was a broken wire 4 another 400 plus $'s. Still not fixed

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

ABS and traction control lights, 2015 RAM 4x4. 4x4 quit working too..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dealer has done the following "The rear sensor was replaced 300 plus $, then they tried to tell me it was a broken wire 4 another 400 plus $'s." I am now so frustrated I want to trade it in and never own a Dodge again...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The failure occurred at 65 mph in*****and all all ABS/traction control and*****quit working.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/20/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician replied 8 months ago
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Welcome to Just Answer my name is***** to hear you are having some grief with your 15 Ram.
I see. You had a sensor replaced and they also mentioned a bad wire. Has the wire been repaired yet?
They said yes however I had already inspected and tested all of the wires for continuity at the site they said was damaged. There was no break/damage and the conductors all tested fine. No "high joint" or opens in the harness. Still does not work

Ok, so which sensor are we talking about specifically.......which wheel?

Did you test to see if the wires are getting 12 volts. If not, then that is what you need to test first since the sensors need 12 volts in order to operate.

This is getting me nowhere fast. Thanks for the attempt but if I had needed remedial trouble shooting steps I would not have started out with the fact the Dealer has had the truck twice for almost a week. I will be signing off now.
Your welcome, best of luck.