Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2015 ram 2500 I am getting message that says 5mph…

Customer Question
Good afternoon I have...

Good afternoon I have a 2015 ram 2500 I am getting message that says 5mph Max speed in 89 mi service DEF system see dealer the problem is they tell me at the dealer that I could bring it in and they will diagnose the problem but wont be able to fix until after 1/5/18 which is insane I cant be with out my truck for that period of time it is my only vehicle . iI went to a friends shop to see if he could delete code so I could use truck until I can bring in to be fixed or whatever needs to be done he tried for quite a while with the computer and was insuccesful he couldn't get rid of it . he did say one of the codes that was coming up was something to the extent of SCR NOX low efficancy is there any way for me to clear this or when I go to the dealer Thursday ask them to clear somehow until I bring in to be fixed ????

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?

No I do not

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

As I said I want to get it cleared so as I can use it till after the new year when dealer can fix

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is about all the info I have

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/19/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately, if the fault is picked up right away or will not clear this indicates the computer sees a constant issue and will not allow clearing out the code until the fault is repaired.With a Nox sensor low-efficiency code this can be a fault with the SCR plugged needing cleaned out or the Nox sensor needing replaced.

The only option you have from here is to have another repair facility look into and repair this fault to then be able to clear the code with their scan tool or wait until the dealer can do it, unfortunately.

But the fault will have to be repaired before the code and issue will clear here.This is the way these diesel models are set up with the SCR unfortunately.I wish I had better news for you on this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete