Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Fault code P2BAC. Nox exceedance deactivation of egr. Build…

Customer Question
Fault code P2BAC ...

Fault code P2BAC

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Nox exceedance deactivation of egr

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

Build date 2 -2011 vin#3d73v4c23bg576849

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

It a customer in my shop I'm a 28 yea tr veteran cummins tech i worked for the cummins distributor before running my own shop it had codes for o2 sensor heater not responding . i changed both o2 sensors them this is the only code that comes back after i clear it i have a snap-on motis fora scan tool

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It dosnt have a tuner on its all stock .

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
please i need a cut to the chase awsner thank you
12/19/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 2 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you,I will try to help you with this issue

but to begin with i need a valid vin#

3d73v4c23bg576849 this coming up not valid double check

or year model dodge you have and engine size

please let me know

3D73Y4CL3BG576849 I TRANSPOSED THE Y FOR A V THIS SHOULD BE CORECT
6.7 L CUMMINS BUILD DATE 2-11

sorry can not help on this one

i will opt out for other experts

Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your question now....

Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

is that only code present?? also continous memory codes?

that is the only code present. had one for the exhaust back pressure. but found the tube was plugged with carbon i cleaned irit and ran that code is gone. checked the egr valve it ok and the grid heater is not plugged with carbon do i need dodge software to run a manual regen? i do not seam to have that option on my snap-on scan tool could the def be pluged
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

yes t run the regen and verify. because P2BAC is an information only DTC.

checked the egr valve and cleaned out the exhaust pressure sensor tube
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 2 months ago

is everything clean now? how did the sensor look at the tube??

did you erase the code?? did it come back??

Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez
Cesar Jimenez