Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2002 dodge 2500 diesel, at times it starts up then…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 dodge 2500 diesel, at times it starts up then shuts down shortly afterward. Like running its self out of fuel.I have also noticed when this problem started my headlights only would be just bearly on ( orange glow ) like power was back feeding with out the switch on. what I have tried so far put a new up lift pump on , removed the aftermarked remote start unit . when I did both of these it run fine for a day then started all over . all so it seem to do it when I don't plug in the block heater at night . The temp is only in the low thirdies . any ideas Eric

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

See message up top

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that i know of now

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/19/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Once it stalls, will it restart and run fine?

Any codes stored?

Jerry, Master Mechanic