Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2004 D2500 with cummins 196000 mi. Has been running well all…

Customer Question
2004 D2500 with cummins...

2004 D2500 with cummins 196000 mi

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Dodge?

Has been running well all fall , first sub freezing morning it started and ran well for about 200 yards when it shut down as though a fuel solenoid had shut off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

It cranks well but attempt to fire and no smoke I suspect possible water frozen in the system . not familiar with how to drain the water out fo the fuel system so it has never been done since that last fuel filter in may

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would work on it myself but would like information about the fuel system first. fuel flow, drain points any solenoids that would be in the system. I hear buzzing briefly when I turn on the ignition so assume that is the transfer pump ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It does have an edge kit on it installed by prior owner.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/19/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Are you getting any codes?

Can you check the fuel pressure manually and the injector pump pressure with the scan tool?

Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 3 months ago

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Jerry, Master Mechanic