Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

None of the rear lights are working on the drivers side. All…

Customer Question
None of the rear...

None of the rear lights are working on the drivers side

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

All 3 of the rear lights.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Durango

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I just tried replacing the bulbs. And I checked the fuse box.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/17/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 7 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I have a 2003 Ram Cummins and have had this happen on my truck in the past. It ended up being a bad ground circuit inside of that bulb circuit board that you insert the bulbs into. Replacing that board took care of it. Do you have a 12 volt test light to check the circuits in the connector that plugs into the board?

Chris

I don't have a tester

Ok, well another way to test it is this: Remove the right lamp assembly and plug it into the connector on the left side. If the lights work, then you will need to replace the lamp assembly for the left side. If they still do not work, then we will need to do some circuit tests. Then you will need to purchase a 12 volt test light to continue. Do the swap test and let me know how it goes.

Chris

Thank you

You are welcome! I will look for your reply later.

Chris

Any luck yet?

Chris

Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 6 months ago
Any luck yet? Chris

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know! You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you and Merry Christmas!

Chris