Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2000 Dodge 2500 cummins siesel it use to right away but last…

Customer Question
2000 Dodge 2500 cummins...

2000 Dodge 2500 cummins siesel it use to right away but last year it started not starting I have replace the injecter pump rebuilt the injecters and tube also new lift pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes clesned

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had other machincs do it eveen a cummind desler

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have tried evetyfhing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/17/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 7 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Does this happen at every start or does it only happen after a long sitting time such as overnight?

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

when sits for a couple of hrs

I misunderstood your last response.

From what I understand it has a long crank time EVERY single time you start it? If you shut it off and restart it one minute later, will it still exhibit this condition?

You stated: " I have replace the injecter pump rebuilt the injecters and tube also new lift pump"

Which "Tube" are you referring to? Are you referring to the Injector Connector Tubes?

Did you inspect the fuel line "Tee" at the rear of the engine? Sometimes they leak here and cause air to enter the fuel system over a couple hours of sitting.

What you must do at this point is check all fuel lines from the tank to the engine and check for possible leaks. Keep in mind that these leaks may not be "Visible" leaks where you see fuel exiting the fuel line but they may be invisible leaks that only allow air to enter the fuel system. These types of leaks are usually on the suction side of the lift pump.

Also you stated that you replaced the lift pump, was this replaced with the same engine mounted lift pump or did you replace it with the In-Tank style lift pump?? (This is IMPORTANT especially if the retrofit upgrade wiring is not in place)...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert