Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2012 ram, When climate control is thermostat is turned to…

Customer Question
2012 ram, When climate...

2012 ram, When climate control is thermostat is turned to far right for heat and set for dash vents, hot air comes out on passenger side and cold air comes out on driver side. I have manual climate controls, not individual passenger and driver side

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

Yes, topped of radiator, it took about a quart to bring reservoir up to max level. Have not noticed a leak anywhere

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, remove front cover from dash and checked actuators. All seem to be working properly

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/17/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If you have a single zone system and there is a temperature difference between sides then the issue is with the heater core. It's possible that the coolant is low - I see that the reservoir was low but you didn't mention checking the coolant level in the rest of the system. It should be checked, if ow then it needs to be topped off and the system bled.

If the system is full and there is no air in the heater core then the heater core is restricted with debris. You can try flushing the cooling system and then flushing the heater core directly, but odds are the heater core would need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.