Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 dakota 3.7l won't shut off and won't rev. Flashing

Customer Question
2007 dakota 3.7l won't...

2007 dakota 3.7l won't shut off and won't rev. Flashing lightning bolt on dash coupled with flashing check engine light. Replaced starter and ignition switch but no luck. Found a bad engine ground strap running behind the engine and still no luck. Next thing I'm looking into is the fuel solenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Flashes

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Lightning?

Pardon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Lightning yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's a dakota

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
Replaced engine ground strap*
Also note I've ruled out alternator by removing negative side of battery and it still runs. Have to pull a relay to shut it down.
12/16/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Cesar Jimenez

hi im cesar jimenez and i will be assisting you today. im reviewing your question now......

Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

have you put a scan tool to retrieve codes??

Seems like i throws every code known to mankind. Give me a minute heading out now to scan and il tell you everycode
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

okay

Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago
Have disconnected battery if not disconnect for 30 minutes. I’m suspecting that your BCM is the issue
Il unhook it for 30 minutes. What would you like me to do after 30?
Oh also like to note a week prior to this happening my parking brake light stopped working and a day later my hazard lights stopped working. Followed by the ignition switch. Then I drove for about a week unplugging relay to shut truck off untill I got this lighting bolt. Now it's been down for about 2 weeks trying to solve this issue.
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

ya thats why im suspecting the body control module. because all those problems are connected with the BCM.

after 30 mins. just connect and see if the problem is still there

Not a thing changed. Plugged in battery and fired it up and same problems persist.
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

body control module is suspect.

Where's it located? I have a parts truck I can take it off that and throw on this
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

its actually called a front control module and its located on the underhood fuse box

That's a pcm if I recal. Requires dodge to reprogram if I'm correct
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

pcm is on the right side of engine bay. the FCM is the skinny one thats bolted to the fuse box

Does it require reprogramming or is it plug and play?
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

i believe it has to be programmed but since you have it there try to install anyways

Put it in. Gonna wait another 10 minutes and hook back up the battery and see if anything changes
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

okay

Did nothing.
Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

did it stay the same??

Dodge Mechanic: Cesar Jimenez,
 replied 7 months ago

same codes?