Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

My 2005 Durango went suddenly stopped excellerating on the…

Customer Question
My 2005 Durango went...

My 2005 Durango went suddenly stopped excellerating on the freeway. I coasted to the side of the road and tried all gears and it just rev'd up, no movement. It was running great before this happened. No warning sign, just stopped. Had it towed home. I have since replaced the speed sensors, pressure sensor, and solenoid pack. Still nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?

What sensor, are you a real person reading this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Why aren't you reading what I'm writing

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/16/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 months ago
Boxer54
Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for trusting us with your questions. Do you have any warning lights on such as check engine light? Let me make sure I totally understand. The engine starts and runs normally, but in gear, the engine revs up but vehicle does not move? Is that accurate? Do you hear any sound when you engage the transmission into gear or as you rec the engine in gear?
There seams to be a slight whine when its first put into a gear and then just revs up but doeant move an inch. No check engine light currently. It was running great and then nothing
Is your Durango a 2wd or 4wd?
4wd 5.7 545fre
I'm very sorry, I went into an area where I didn't get an internet connection. Have you tried engaging 4wd to see if the vehicle will move? What this will do is narrow down where the issue is.
it shows ita connecting as ussual but no movement
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but looks like you have a transmission issue here. Your transmission will need to be evaluated hands on and likely disassembled to find the root cause. In most cases, the most cost effective route for this type of repair is to install a used transmission. A used unit from a reputable recycler will come with a warranty.
Of course I have a transmission issue that's why I'm on here asking questions. I knew that already. This company charge me an extra 21 bucks on top of the five that they said. And I don't know who this so-called expert is but it wasn't worth 5 bucks less enough 26 bucks. You guys are a rip-off
Boxer54
Boxer54
Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician