Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

We own a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 and a couple of weeks ago it…

Customer Question
We own a...

We own a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 and a couple of weeks ago it started having issues with the key fob not starting the truck. we checked the key fob and it works, We towed it into a Dodge dealership and they said nothing was wrong. It is still doing this. he has to keep turning on and off and jiggling it and it will finally start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, we took it to the Dodge dealership in Cedar Rapids IA.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dodge
My husband says it only does it when its really cold. He works in the northern states
12/16/2017
Dodge Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 8 months ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, and welcome to just answer. Would you please send me the vehicle's Vin number and mileage? I want to check out the vehicle options list and check a few things. Then I will be better equipped to answer your question.
Chris
mileage 43,000 1C6RR7KTXFS653212
Thank you. Give me a few minutes to look it up. I will be back asap.
Chris

Okay, found your truck and it has the Sentry Key system. I have seen a few issues with that switch module (where you insert the key fobik) cause this intermittent no crank issue. Ask the dealer to replace the ignition switch module. When you do, have all key fobiks available so they can be programmed if needed.

I am very confident that this will fix it.

Chris

I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service or accept my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me for no additional charge.
Thank you!Chris

Hello, just checking back to be sure you received my answer. Please let me know,

Chris

Hello, just wondering if you still need help. I replied back to you several days ago and have not heard back at all. Please let me know. I feel as though I answered your question with truth and professionalism. If you no longer need any more help, then that is fine, but please let me know so I can close this session.

Thank you!

Chris

Thank you for your help. I will contact our dealership to make this repair.

You are very welcome!

I hope that this information was helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment and rate my service or accept my answer using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me for no additional charge. Thank you!