Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Having a problem with the radio. Factory uconnect. 2013

Having a problem with...

Having a problem with the radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Factory uconnect

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2013 dodge charger rt rwd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried disconnecting the battery to reset the radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Well lets see. If I disconnect the battery the hands free module works after reconnecting. After a few days I enter my preferences for settings then the hands free module will not load. I notice when I set the correct time the very next day the hands free module will not load. I tried calling uconnect. They told me to disconnect the battery then wait till the screen asking for the theft code comes up then enter the 4 digit anti theft code as a try. They said to update the system to the latest version which I had already done. They said the update solves most problems. I dont have the anti theft code I am not sure I have a sticker marked for customer use with two pin numbers on it 4443 and 3232 I am not real sure these are for the radio. There are other numbers to like serial numbers not sure I think the dealer left it for me but dont know what it is for

12/16/2017
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the hands free module software has been up to date and it continues to lock up and needs a power cycle to operate again then it will need to be replaced.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
How much does it usually cost?
I'm a full time tech and at work this morning, I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08