Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2005 dodge magnum sxt heater fan turninig signals and front…

Customer Question
2005 dodge magnum sxt...

2005 dodge magnum sxt heater fan turninig signals and front wipers not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Coolant level good and not over heating

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Magnum yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked both front and rear fuses i think it is electrical b.a.s light also on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I recently had the starter replaced and both air bags also radio does not always turn on when i start it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/16/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that could be going on and it's going to require some electrical testing to diagnose each issue. You may have a wiring or power distribution issue or you could have a separate problem producing each symptom - you may have a bad blower motor or resistor, multifunction switch, etc.

Are you hoping to do the required testing yourself?

had to replace the battery today. I am going to have to check the electrical issues myself . I get heat from the engine when turned on just vent , so must be the resistor or the motar . How do you check each the wiper turning signal and bas light i would like to figure out what relay or fuses to check but owners manual and fuse covers are confuseing , please advise?

Does the control head work normally then but the blower motor does not?

not sure what control head is , I hear something when I turn the heat on like it wants to work but no fan kicking in .

An a/c control head is where a heat and a/c system is controlled.

then control head seems to be working because i hear it transition when i turn the dials.

The first thing you'll want to do is test for power and ground at the blower motor.

will do thanx it will take me some time i will let you know.

Great!

sprinkles08
sprinkles08