Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge 2011 dodge pickup spins over will not start has the…

Customer Question
Dodge 2011 dodge...

Dodge 2011 dodge pickup spins over will not start has the hemi in it 1500 ram

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

I ckd ground and greased it its turning the engine fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your 1500?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I thought it might be the key or fob

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/14/2017
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 7 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The problem can be a loss of spark or fuel. You can check
for spark at the plugs with a spark tester. Check
compression too for a possible valve timing issue with a
compression gauge. You can check fuel pressure with a
gauge and all of these tools should be available to you at
your local parts store for rent or purchase. You need to
check for any stored codes in the computer with a
code reader or a scan tool. The code reader only gives the
codes and definitions, where the scan tool gives you all
the needed data to diagnose the codes.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.