Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I damaged the door driver side door lock and now I can't…

Customer Question
I damaged the door...

I damaged the door driver side door lock and now I can't start the engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No they are not.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

RAM 2011 1500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried a second FOB but the switch seems jammed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thanks!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
12/15/2017
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 7 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition, but there isn't anything in the door that could be contributing to it.

It's going to require some testing to determine exactly what is going on. What specifically happens when trying to start the engine?